Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let It Rain: RST Finished

After 2 weeks the RST, or Rain System Tool, is finally finished. It still has a few kinks to work out (error when you type in the amplitude boxes, but still adjust the amplitude; other problem is the slider labels are static, need them to show the user what number their on.). Other than that the fx tool works. Click the create button to make that particle system/rain. Then the user can adjust the amount of particles(rain), Speed of the Rain, amplitude and turbulence. Also the user can choose whether or not to turn on collisions. Once on the user can select the object to collide with and the collisions behavior, and finally if the behavior is bounce they can adjust the strength of the bounce.

After I get the slider problem fixed I will be making a how to demo on using the tool. Its still in the basic stages. I still have a few things I'd like to add. On that note let me know if you want the code posted on the website ( let me know through email, twitter or leave a comment here.). Open to suggestions on what else to add to the tool. I do plan on uploading the file to download for free, once I have all the kinks and notes for the user type up.

Lastly here is a quick screen shot of the fx tool.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment