Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Sorry for the wait on the new post. Been working on several freelance projects and re-working some particle effects on the Ink Morph Project. Should be posting the Morph project this week. Also working on a few sketches and drawings that will be posted either Wednesday or Friday.

So like I said I've been working on a few new projects in graphic design. These first 2 images were created for the bar I work at part-time. They were having a "Summer Party Series "and I was asked to create 2 posters for them. The first was for their "Blackout" party. This party was going to have black lights everywhere, so I wanted the design to reflect that idea (obviously), and this was the final image. The reasoning for the giant negative space is because I left room for the copy and it ended up being just a few lines.

The next poster that was created for them was the
"Heaven & Hell" party. This theme party was straight forward. The entire bar was going to be decorated as Heaven or Hell, as well as the staff and people were encouraged to wear costumes. So for this I decide to create a single character rather than clutter the poster with multiple images. Then used two separate fonts for the Heaven & Hell text. The image shown isn't the one that was used, but I wanted to post the original design with copy ( I wrote that as well, which is why it not that great). The design that was used was just the character, with title of the party and the date. Let me know if you want to see that design and I'll post here.

The next project was an advertisement for "Paradock's Bar and Grille Industry Night" I created a postcard size handout and a flyer/poster for them to hang up inside the restaurant and bar. Since the industry special was an extended happy hour, I first wanted a picture of a bar with people having fun and drinking, and then wanted to set the late night mood with overlay the picture with blue, which just happened to be the main color in their logo. This design also carried over to the flyer. As for the back I wanted to find a font that represented the summer, but wasn't to cliche. Finally added the palm trees to give it that summer/beach feel.

Lastly I just finished some logo designs. The first logo was for an restaurant/food blogger, Chris Hill. For his logo he wanted it to combined both his passion for food/cooking and writing. In the image, I show you how I got to the final design. The other logo was create for Chase Skylar DeMayo, market and events associate at 96x. He wanted his to look both professional and "outgoing." I'm not sure if my final design says out going, but he said it was what he was looking for
and this is the final design.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment